In this article, we list out some of the best yoga poses for weight lose and how to do them.
According to Ayurveda and all the other renowned websites, yoga is a discipline that brings harmony between the pillars of the human soul (body and mind) and balances the spiritual, mental, and physical disparities.
There are yoga poses to lose weight, treat asthma, diabetes, liver diseases, heart problems, depression, anxiety, thyroid problems, increase metabolism, and many more.
So far, we know that yoga strengthens the human body’s core and helps eradicate bodily dysfunctions as well.
Certainly, yoga has easily made its way to the commonly known solution book for weight loss. Remarkably, it is believed that practicing yoga helps in reducing weight and prevents weight gain. Knowing how less of an equipment burden it is, it remains on the top list for people finding ways to lose weight.
Health Benefits of Yoga Poses
- It helps to improve flexibility
- Helps in increasing the core strength of the body
- Boosts immunity
- It improves your respiratory system
- Strengthen the digestive system
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- It can help improve your balance
- It improves skin health
- Improves the bones
- Helps in weight management
Practicing yoga can also provide you with various other health benefits.
- Improving brain functions
- Improving cardiovascular functions
- Helping fight insomnia
- Improving sleep
- Helping improve posture
- Restoring and improving heart health
- Creating better mental health
- Improving focus
- Improving the body’s metabolism, etc.
It means that practicing yoga can benefit you in many different ways. Since it doesn’t matter for what reason you started it; you will have solutions for all the unseen problems of your body parallelly.
5 Different Types of Yoga Poses to Lose Weight
Before starting with any yoga routine, you need to know that yoga requires dedication and perseverance, particularly. You can’t achieve your goals with yoga in just one day. It needs focus and strengthening your core system to achieve what you aim for. Therefore, if you desire to lose some extra inches or kgs, you need to dedicate yourself to this practice.
Additionally, yoga is not magic, so you also need to cut down on your preservatives and go around a more healthy lifestyle (including reducing the time of using your phones for scrolling on social media).
Yoga asanas or yoga poses for lose weight:
- Virabhadrasana – Warrior Pose
- Trikonasana – Triangle Pose
- Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Setu Bandha Servangasana – Bridge Pose
- Navasana – Boat Pose
1. Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose
The affected areas of this pose are the thighs and shoulders and, more accurately, toning the arms, legs, and tummy. So, people wishing to tone their stomach and make it flat can go for this pose, surely. Just holding on to this pose can help get you toned arms, shoulders, and legs, but contracting and holding on to your abdominal muscles can help you get a flat tummy.
How to do Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose?
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and hands on the side
- While exhaling, take a big step toward your right
- Turn your right foot a bit outward to your position
- And bend 90 degrees angle
- Turn your left leg and bend it at 15 degrees angle
- Raise your arms and bring them at the level of your shoulders with the palms facing up
- Take a deep breath for a few seconds, holding onto the same position
- Now while turning your head to your right, gently push your pelvis down
- Then hold on to the pose for a few seconds
- Then slowly come back to the initial standing position
- And repeat
2. Trikonasana or Triangle Pose
Together with targeting your belly and waist fat, this pose also benefits digestion furthermore. This pose is perfect for people trying to reduce their belly fat. Along with targeting your weight loss concerns, this pose also helps you improve your blood circulation.
How do the Trikonasana yoga poses lose weight?
- Stand in a position with two feet distance between your feet
- Then lift your arms to the side at the level of your shoulder while inhaling
- Place your arms parallelly to the ground, and your palms facing the ground
- Exhale while bending your body downwards while slowly taking your right hand towards your right foot and touching it
- Now in the same hinging position, take your left hand towards the ceiling and look upwards
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and then return to the initial standing position
- And now repeat
3. Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
It is one of the best asanas to get rid of that belly fat quickly. This pose helps to target the fat especially in the abdominal region. This also helps to stretch the whole body’s muscles, improving digestion and blood circulation, strengthening the core muscles of the thigh, chest, and back area.
How to do Dhanurasana or Bow Pose?
- Lie down on your stomach
- Your feet hip-width apart and hands on the side
- Now bend your knees while taking your toes to the hips
- Now hold the ankles with your hands
- Then take a deep breath and lift your hands and legs slowly
- Keep your face straight towards the wall while stretching your legs with the help of your hands
- Stay in this position for a while, then return to your initial position
- Now repeat this asana again
4. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or Bridge Pose
The benefits of this asana are uncountable. although it does look a bit complicated, but the benefits of this asana are just amazing. This pose helps digestion, muscle flexibility, thyroid control, and weight loss.
How to do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or Bridge Pose
- First, lay down on your back, legs bent, and hands resting on the side
- Now inhale and slowly lift your hips, starting from the feet
- Make sure there is enough pressure on your legs and hips to lift you properly
- Now using your hands lift your upper body (chest), as shown in the image
- Lastly, stay in this position for a few seconds, and then return to your initial pose slowly
5. Navasana or Boat Pose
Besides helping you with your belly fat, this pose is a must for people wishing to strengthen their core and abdomen.
How to do Navasana or Boat Pose?
- Sit down on the floor with your knees bent
- Now process all the strength to your hips, abdomen, and calves
- Slowly lift your legs up
- Then lift your arms and extend them towards your feet or your knees
- Finally, stay in this pose for a while
We must follow a strict healthy lifestyle together with practicing these yoga poses. And sticking to this healthy lifestyle includes:
- Healthy eating
- Sleeping on time
- Practicing meditation
- Distancing yourself from electronic gadgets (at least in the morning after waking up)
- Avoid anything that can distract you from living a healthy and fit life, etc.
- Taking a break from over-exhausting ourselves whenever possible