Frequently Asked Questions About Rishikesh (FAQs) 2021
Hello, Travellers; if You are going on a trip to a beautiful place like Rishikesh, I know many questions while planning Rishikesh Trip. So to ensure that your arrangements run easily, we have some Important answers to the questions most frequently asked about travelling to Rishikesh (Uttrakhand). Rishikesh Tourism necessary information for tourists with authentic local information. We have provided the Updated 2021 (Latest) frequently asked questions & answers for your upcoming vacation to Rishikesh. So get all the solutions to your Rishikesh trip for an easy journey.
General Frequently Asked Questions Of Rishikesh (FAQs)
Q.1) What is the best time to plan a trip to Rishikesh?
Ans.1) You can visit Rishikesh Uttrakhand at any time of the year. However, As Rishikesh is located in the foothills of the Shivalik hill range, the climate is usually pleasant during the year. Still, the best time to visit Rishikesh would be February, March & August – October.
Q.2) How many days are enough for Rishikesh?
Ans.2) The pleasant weather of Rishikesh can be visited during the year. So you can plan a two days trip to Rishikesh either go for 4 to 5 days Trip to indulge in activities like yoga, Meditation, rafting, bungee jumping, Temple visits and more.
Q.3) What are the famous places in Rishikesh?
Ans.3) Here is a list of the top 10 Best Places to must visit in Rishikesh:
- Laxman Jhula
- The Beatles Ashram
- Rajaji National Park
- Jumping Heights (Bungee jumping)
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
- Parmarth Niketan
- Neer Garh Waterfall
And if you want to know about all these places well then you can also read this blog of mine Best Places To Visit Rishikesh In 2021
Q.4) What is the cost of rafting in Rishikesh(Shivpuri)?
Ans.4) Rafting prices are approximate to the given below and also depend on the seasons. So here is our list of Rafting price it will help you for a better trip :
|Rafting Destinations Rishikesh||Per Person (Rs)|
|Grade – I Brahampuri to Rishikesh ( 8 km Rafting )||Rs 400|
|Grade – II Shivpuri to Rishikesh ( 16 km Rafting )||Rs 800|
|Grade – III Marine Drive to Rishikesh ( 25 km Rafting )||Rs 1300|
|Grade – IV Kaudiyala to Rishikesh ( 36 km Rafting )||Rs 2000|
Q.5) Is river rafting dangerous in Rishikesh Uttrakhand?
Ans.5) Rishikesh is famous for River rafting in India, as you know. The river rafting in Rishikesh is safe if you observe all the safety guidance given by the Instructor and follow them step by step. They provided you with all the safety equipment like a life jacket, Helmet to secure you. There are several authorized and verified (certified) river rafting operators, so don’t worry and enjoy the river rafting.
Q.6)How can I plan two days trip (Weekend Trip) to Rishikesh?
Ans.6) My two days Amazing weekend trip to Rishikesh from Delhi with my friends:
- In the middle of the way to Rishikesh, we went for Har Ki Pauri ghat in Haridwar for Morning Ganga Aarti. Their view is so mesmerizing and full of spirituality. During the trip to Rishikesh, you must visit Haridwar once.
- On the 1st day morning, we went to Shivpuri for River rafting. We had covered a distance of 8 km river rafting. We had enjoyed a lot during rafting, as you can see in my video 👇. During the rafting, there was a maggie point where we had cliff jumping.
- After River Rafting, we went to Neelkanth Mahadev Temple for a Darshan and had lunch. Then back to our cottage in the evening.
- On the 2nd day morning, we went to Neer Garh / Neer Gaddu Waterfall. There’s a Fantastic Waterfall for a trek, and we clicked some amazing selfies/pictures. From there, we went to Lakshman Jhula. There was a Ganga cafe nearby; we had lunch there.
- On the second day trip to Rishikesh in the evening, we went to Triveni Ghat for Ganga aarti (Maha aarti). At night we left for Delhi from Rishikesh.
In this way, we planed our weekend trip to Rishikesh from Delhi. You can also plan for the Rishikesh trip like that.
Frequently Asked Questions About Neer Garh Waterfall (FAQs)
Q.1) How to Reach Neer Garh Waterfall Rishikesh?
Ans.1) We can reach Neer Garh Waterfall by road, air and train:
- By Road: Rishikesh Bus Stand is the nearest stand to come with a distance of 8.5 Km. It would take nearly 30 mins to cover this range in a local jeep or a cab.
- By Air: The nearest airport to the come would be Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. You can take a bus or book a taxi to get to the waterfall. It would get nearby an hour to reach this distance of 26 Km.
- By Train: Rishikesh Railway Station is just 9 Km apart from the Neer Garh Waterfall. You should find a train standing at this junction. You can get under here to get a bus, a local jeep or hire a taxi to reach the waterfall.
Q.2) Who is the Best Time to Visit Neer Garh Waterfall?
Ans.2) The most suitable time to visit Neer Garh Waterfall is post-monsoon in October to mid-November, as you will see the waterfall in its most natural form.
- Monsoon: From May to September, the hill station receives heavy rainfall, which increases the cascade to happen with enormous force. But, you must keep in mind that heavy rains effects landslides and even massive rains will make your outside tours complex.
- Summer: From the beginning of March to the first week of May, maintains a moderate temperature which is best to avoid the burning sun into the wilds. Still, you might not experience the waterfall in its best way.
- Winter: From October to February are the winter months. While the mountain city receives snowflakes in the super cold, you can plan your tour in early October and mid-November. It is the best time to enjoy the waterfall amidst the lush green natural charm of the city.
Q.3) Which Places to visit near Neer Garh Waterfall?
Ans.3) Places to visit near Neer Garh Waterfall are:
- Laxman Jhula
- Tera Manzil Temple
- Ram Jhula
- Triveni Ghat
- Patna Waterfall
Frequently Asked Questions About Neelkanth Mahadev Temple and Triveni Ghat Rishikesh (FAQs)
Q.1) Which is the Best Time to Visit Neelkanth Mahadev Temple?
Ans.1) The Neelkanth Mahadev Temple is open during the year, and thousands of pilgrims come here to pay their respects to Lord Shiva. The best time to visit this temple is during the month of Shravan and when the Shivratri festival occurs. The celebrations here include dazzling shows, elaborate Pooja ceremony, music and decoration of the complete temple in flowers, lights and diyas.
Q.2) What are the Facts about Neelkanth Mahadev Temple Rishikesh?
Ans.2) There are many facts about Neelkanth Mahadev Temple are :
- There are many exciting things to do in the temple, making it a fascinating place full of mystical tales.
- According to Hinduism, the place got its name after the famous story of Lord Shiva drinking poison. His throat turned blue due to the consumption of the poison. Hence the name Neelkanth was appropriate for this place.
- Inside the temple, the walls narrate the story of the churning of the ocean (Samudra Manthan) to praise the sacrifice made by Mahadev for the welfare of the whole earth.
- There is a Peepal tree on the premises, which has a certain belief attached to it. Pilgrims tie threads around the trunk of the tree and pray for their wishes to be fulfilled and their souls purified.
Q.2) How To Reach Triveni Ghat Rishikesh?
Ans.2) 3 ways to reach Triveni Ghat:
- By Bus – Rishikesh Bus Stand is only 1 km away from Triveni Ghat, and several buses ply to and from here regularly.
- By Train – Rishikesh Railway Station is also quite close, at a distance of only 3 km. It is also pocket friendly and suitable for auto-rickshaws (tuk-tuk) and taxis to Triveni Ghat.
- By Laxman Jhula – Triveni Ghat is located at a distance of only 6 km from Lakshman Jhula. Therefore, Triveni Ghat is a frequent tourist attraction and is very easy to reach.
Q.3) Why is Triveni Ghat Rishikesh famous/popular?
Ans.3) Triveni ghat is famous for the Ganga Aarti (Maha Aarti) performed with Vedic chants. It is the biggest Ghat in Rishikesh Uttrakhand and the most popular Ghat on the river Ganges. Triveni ghat continues crowded with devotees to take a holy bath to be freed from their sins.
Q.4)What time is the Ganga Aarti in Triveni ghat Rishikesh?
Ans.4) The evening Ganga aarti at Triveni ghat is also called the Maha Aarti. It starts daily from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. It is one of the most popular and well-attended customs of Rishikesh city. Prayers offered to God are pleasing, allowing you to feel and connect with him.
Frequently Asked Question About Jumpin Heights and Laxman Jhula Rishikesh (FAQs)
Q.1) How to reach Lakshman Jhula from Haridwar Uttrakhand?
Ans.1) The distance between Haridwar and Lakshman Jhula is just 26 Km. If you take a taxi, then it takes only 30 minutes to get to Laxman Jhula from Haridwar. You can also take a local bus or an auto-rickshaw to reach Laxman Jhula.
Q.2) Which is the nearby restaurant/Cafe at Lakshman Jhula Bridge?
Ans.2) Nearby restaurants/Cafe at Lakshman Jhula Bridge are:
- Pink Cafe Rishikesh
- The Raja Palace – Israeli Restaurant
- Rishikesh Bistro
- Honey Hut Nature’s Cafe
- Babylon Restaurant
- Cafe De Goa,
- Little Buddha Cafe
- THE GANGA VIEW CAFE
- Ayurpak Rishikesh – TOP RESTAURANT IN TAPOVAN
- Annapurna Veg Restaurant
- Pyramid Cafe & Guest House
- Zorba Organic Restaurant & Cafe
- Cafe Power Of Thoughts
- LA-SO-VA FRESH KITCHEN
- Royal Cafe
- The Monk Cafe
- Café Avocuddle
Q.3) What is the entry cost/fee of Activities in Jumpin Heights/bungee jumping in Rishikesh?
Ans.3) Jumpin Heights / Bungee Jumping Rishikesh Entry Fee are:
|Activities||Cost per person (Rs)|
|Entry Fee/Ticket||Rs 100/-|
|Giant Swing||Rs 3550/-|
|Flying Fox||Rs 3000/-|
|Bungee Jumping||Rs 3550/-|
|Flying Fox (3 persons in tandem)||Rs 1800/-|
|Combo 1: Bungee Jumping + Fox||Rs 4750/-|
|Trilogy Combo: Bungee jumping + Giant Swing + Flying Fox||Rs 8250/-|
|Combo 2: Giant Swing + Flying Fox||Rs 4750/-|
|Combo 3: Bungee jumping + Giant Swing||Rs 6500/-|
Q.4) Which is the Best time to visit Jumpin heights?
Ans.4) Jumpin Heights is open all days of the week except Tuesday. There is no particular period that is best to visit this place. Any time of the year will suit you if you love adventurous rides.
Frequently Asked Question About Beatles ashram and Rajaji National Park Rishikesh (FAQs)
Q.1) Which is the best time to visit Beatles Ashram Rishikesh?
Ans.1) The best time to visit Beatles Ashram Rishikesh is in March and April, as the spring season is at its splendour.
Q.2) What are the reasons to visit Beatles Ashram Rishikesh?
Ans.2) Many Reasons to visit Beatles Ashram:
- If you are looking for peace, Beatles Ashram is the best place to visit in Rishikesh.
- This place is undoubtedly a perfect place for nature photography apart from yoga and meditation.
- Although the tourist spot is an abandoned place, with beautiful wall art, graffiti, magnificent architecture and peace, this place must be visited.
- Along with history, this place is also a favourite of nature lovers who can enjoy nature walks.
Q.3) What are the Things to Do at Rajaji National Park Rishikesh?
Ans.3) Things to Do at Rajaji National Park Rishikesh are:
- Stay in the cottages for some days.
- You must visit the Sureshwari Devi Temple.
- Jeep Safari, wildlife, Adventure, Sightseeing