Yes, you read it right. Today, we will list down some good protein powder to lose weight. Yes, protein powder is not only there to keep that muscle mass in your triceps and biceps, but it can also help you lose weight. It is more like a misconception that confuses the masses about protein powder benefits.
Protein powders have more benefits than we can think of, especially for people trying to lose some weight.
Are you thinking about how?
Then let’s answer this question with some simple points :
- Protein powder has amino acids that help you in muscle management and strengthen the muscles in your body while losing weight.
- Protein powder can increase the feeling of fullness. It simply reduces your appetite. So we can consider this like a simple directly proportional math equation. The second eventually rises, when the first is consumed. I.e., when you consume protein powder, then your tummy feels full. And when you feel full, you eat less. And when you eat less, your weight tends to increase less.
- Protein powders can help you increase your metabolism. Better metabolism helps increase calorie burning in your body, which too is a sign of weight loss.
- It also helps in maintaining muscle mass. When you lose weight, you lose fat and muscle, so protein helps keep the right muscle mass and burn fat, helping you lose weight.
So now the picture is very clear that you can also consume protein powder to weight loss. But where should you start? How to know which one is better for you?
We all know that there are uncountable varieties of protein powders themselves. Not only are the brands different, but also the types. And when we talk about types of protein, what we mean is the protein base.
We get it. So let’s simplify it for you.
Protein can either be :
Protein is generally found in 3 major forms:
Concentrates, Isolates, and Hydrolysates.
- Concentrates are derived from the complete form of food. This process includes heat and enzymes. The proportion comprises 80% of protein (can vary between 60%-80% of the portion) and 20% of fat and carbs (can vary between 20% to 40%).
- Isolates are derived through a process that removes more percent of fats and carbs. It consists of 90 to 95% protein and 5 to 10% of fats and carbs.
- Hydrolysates are derived by breaking the bond between amino acids. It has the maximum amount of protein, so the body absorbs it quickly.
Variation in the proportion of these forms in the protein makes a great difference in the protein powders. The protein variation also makes a difference in the consumption purpose and results.
These are the Good Protein Powder to Lose Weight
We have listed the four major types of protein that are available :-
1. Whey Protein
Whey Protein is a popular milk-based protein. This form of protein has the highest amount of protein in it. Plus there is a high amount of lactose, which saturates when forming the insolate form of the protein. The human body can easily digest Whey protein.
It is made from the water separated from the milk when making cheese. This makes it the highest of all in protein content. It has proven to be one of the most popular protein powder for weight loss.
2. Casein Protein
It, too, is a milk product. Casein is absorbed more slowly by the body than all other forms of protein. Being slow in absorption by the body gives a feeling of fullness, which is the foremost need for weight loss.
It is no hidden secret that egg white is an amazing source of protein. The egg yolk contains most of the fats and carbs as part of the nutrients, and the egg white contains all of the protein parts.
This nutrient proportion of the egg white makes it the best option for weight loss.
It is a plant-based protein, best for vegetarians or vegans. People who do not want to go for animal-based protein can choose this as their protein supplement for weight loss.
There are many other protein types, such as pea protein, hemp protein, soy protein, and collagen.
These types and bases make all the protein powders different from each other. Each powder has a different consistency and gets absorbed by the body at different times.
Top 5 Protein Powder Brands for Weight Lose
Now we can surely list down the top 5 protein powder brands to ease the process of weight loss for you. These protein supplements should not be consumed “just” for the taste, even if it makes the process of weight loss easier.
Protein powder should be a part of the schedule together with exercising. Constant physical exercise gives the best weight loss results.
Here are five good protein powder to lose weight you can choose from according to your needs and convenience :
1. Huge Vegan Protein
First on our list is Huge Vegan Protein powder, a good option for the vegan crowd or for people trying to avoid animal products for any reason. Plant-based ingredients (such as rice, beans, and peas) are used to make this product.
This protein powder is rich in protein as it claims and low in calories, which can help you to lose weight. This brand also has a list of varieties in their flavors, so you can keep experimenting with your taste buds combined with a set of exercises to keep you healthy.
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Isolate
This protein powder does not have “just any” simple composition to stand for its name. It has a combination of whey protein and hydrolyzed isolate, making it the ‘best combination” for making muscles and fullness.
This protein powder takes time to digest, making you feel full for a long time. It also contains fewer fats and carbs, making it the best choice for losing weight.
3. Quest Multi-purpose Protein Powder
This one has no added sugar, which is a great choice for people trying to lose weight. Another advantage is that you can add it to any favorite recipe.
Yes, it’s right. Now you can even add your daily dose of health supplement to your favorite recipe and enjoy the combination of health and taste together. It has become so simple to lose weight now.
4. Translate Labs Grass-fed Isolate
This brand has a great variety of supplements. Their products contain rich quality ingredients to make them the right fit. They stand by their motive and provide health supplements free of color or taste.
5. Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder
This protein-rich supplement consists of hydrolyzed collagen, which is a great benefit for your skin with your health. This sugar-free protein powder can be an amazing option for people trying to lose weight.
You can easily choose from their different flavors to suit your taste buds.
Additionally, these protein supplements are addictive. And addiction doesn’t mean the literal meaning of addiction. It means you consume an amount that is good for your health and is not affecting you negatively.